Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Brett Favre is back on drugs

That is the only even remotely logical explanation I can offer for this headline from ESPN:

Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure



"I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning.

You mean better than the Super Bowl team that had Sterling Sharpe, Dorsey Levens, Edgar Bennett, Antonio Freeman, Andre Rison, Mark Chmura, Keith Jackson, LeRoy Butler, Santana Dotson, and Reggie White?!

This year's team is even more talented, Favre insists, than the Packers' Super Bowl teams of the mid-1990s.

Guess you do. So this team that went 4-12 last year, the one you just barely could drag yourself back to despite being offered umpteen millions of dollars, is the best team you have been on?

He says this is also the most inexperienced team he has played on, and potential doesn't mean much when the pads go on.

So, it might not be the "the most talented" in other words? So you feel pretty darn good about your decision to come back then, since this team is so talented?

"This morning, I'm like, 'What am I doing?' " Favre said. "It feels like I've got glass in my shoes. But I know from experience, even though every time we practice and every time we play and every season it may get a little worse, once I get on the field, it seems to kind of go away."

So we shouldn't expect much out of you this season, despite the fact that this team is so talented?

"I don't anticipate feeling better," Favre said. "But by taking maybe mornings off and being careful to a certain extent, it will prolong my playing. I don't think it's anything that tomorrow I say, 'I just can't make it. I can't do it anymore.' It's just something you have to play with."

I see.

Favre knows outsiders aren't nearly as optimistic about the Packers.

So according to the team's QB, the Packers are really talented, but have no experience, and he feels like crap and it's only August 1. Sounds like the makings of another Super Bowl championship for the Pack!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home